Brand Ambassador - MN
Reports To: Outside Event Coordinator
Lupulin Brewing Company is a busy and growing production brewery and taproom located in Big Lake, MN. We are a team of passionate beer lovers with the focus of making spectacular beer and sharing it with others. Lupulin Brewing’s core principles include customer access, community involvement, and a little bit of idiocracy.
As a craft beer enthusiast, you will be called upon to do what it takes to promote Lupulin Brewing Company (LBC) as a Brand Ambassador at locations such as beer festivals, restaurant tap takeovers, and liquor store tastings. All LBC Brand Ambassadors must be able to describe and recommend beers to both novice and experienced beer tasters, serve beer, pour and present beer, change kegs, assist in loading/unloading to set up for events, clean equipment upon returning to the brewery, as well as explain our brewing process.
Our ideal Brand Ambassador will be knowledgeable about craft beer, have prior experience in the service industry, be able to work a flexible schedule, be friendly and be a motivated self-starter/task-finisher.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the beer styles and tap selections at Lupulin Brewing Company, as well as of other craft brewery styles.
- Set-up Jockey box system and assure that lines are running properly prior to events
- Monitor, change, and assist in moving kegs with the aid of a dolly to load up for events
- Maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- Cleaning and sanitizing equipment used when returning to Lupulin and organizing things appropriately
- Socializing with and educate about Lupulin Brewing Company beer and craft beer in general
- Document results as requested of any tasting/sales events
- Must be 21+ years old
- Drivers License with clean motor vehicle record
- Prior service industry experience preferred
- Mechanical experience and aptitude preferred
- Availability to work Part-time - evening weekday and a variety of weekend hours. Some ability to work out-of-the-area events requiring overnight compensated travel is preferred.
- Be willing to drive to Big Lake prior to events if required
- Demonstrated knowledge of craft beer, including basic understand of beer production (Cicerone Beer Server or similar certification preferred), if not already certified, completion of Cicerone Beer Server certification is expected within 60 days of hire
- Drive that is passionate – excellent communication skills, exceptional customer service skills, positive attitude and ability to work a diverse set of people
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Requires an individual who can work under a range of circumstances including working outdoors in the heat
- Required to stand for extended periods of time
- Required to lift boxes 35-50 lbs and move empty/full kegs(up to 170 lbs) with aid of a keg truck